How to Block First Bank Account and ATM Card in 2024: In today’s digital world, ensuring the security of your bank account is crucial.
To safeguard your money and personal information, you must act quickly in the unfortunate case of a lost or stolen card or suspicious activity on your First Bank account.
Thank goodness, First Bank offers easy steps to lock and unlock your account, giving you security and command over your money.
In this post, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of blocking and unblocking your First Bank account and ATM card, empowering you to safeguard your finances effectively.
- How to transfer Money from First Bank
- How to buy 9Mobile/Etisalat Airtime from First Bank
- Why is My First Bank USSD Code Not Working
- How to check First Bank Statement of Account on Phone
- How to Unblock Your First Bank Account and ATM Card
Let’s dive in and discover the measures to secure your First Bank account.
How to Block First Bank Account/ATM Card
You can use any of the following techniques to secure your account and avoid money theft in the event that you lose your ATM card or SIM that is linked to your bank account:
- Via SMS
- Via Customer support
- Via USSD Code
- Via FirstBank Mobile App
Let’s take each step one after the other:
This is one of the quick options to block your First Bank ATM card. To do that, simply follow the simple steps below:
- Open the messaging app on your phone
- Text Block and send it to 30012.
Note that you must use the phone number linked to your First Bank account to send this SMS. After sending it, you will receive a confirmation message that your ATM debit card has been blocked.
How to Block First Bank Account/ATM Card via Customer Support
Another quick and easy way to block your FirstBank account is by calling customer care. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the call app on your smartphone
- Dial any of the following contacts to talk to a FirstBank agent: 07080625000, 014485500, 0700-FIRSTCONTACT.
- Select your preferred language and enter your account number
- Select Option 2 to block your ATM card or select Option 3 to block your USSD.
How to Block First Bank ATM Card via USSD Code
I know you are looking for the code to block your First Bank Account or ATM card. Here is it.
The code to block your ATM card is *894# but there are steps you must follow carefully to block your ATM card account.
- Dial *894# on your phone (Mtn, Glo, Airtel, or 9 mobile)
- Select Quick Banking
- Then, select Next Page
- Select Card control
- Select from these options:
- ALL CHANNELS
- Lastly, enter your 5-digit PIN to confirm your transaction.
Also to deactivate the number that is linked to your FirstBank account or block the USSD code, dial *894*911# and follow the instructions carefully.
From the options, you can choose to block your ATM debit card from a certain channel or all channels.
- ATM: This means you block your First Bank debit card from all ATM transactions such as withdrawals.
- POS: This means you block your First Bank debit card from POS transactions.
- WEB: This means you block your First Bank debit card from website transactions such as buying from online stores.
- FOREIGN: This means you block your First Bank debit card from any foreign transactions.
- ALL CHANNELS: This means you block your First Bank debit card from all transactions which consist of ATM, POS, WEB, and FOREIGN.
- How to Retrieve NIN Number Without Phone Number
- How to generate Zenith Bank Token Code
- MTN Night Plan Code
- How to Check MTN Night Plan Data Balance
- Glo Night Plan Code
- How to Check Airtel Night Plan Data Balance
- Airtel Night Plan Code
- Glo Data Plans, Bundles & Subscription Code
- How to check MTN Data Balance
- MTN Data Plans, Bundles, Prices & Subscription Code
How to Block First Bank Account/ATM Card via First Bank Mobile APP
Follow the steps below to block your First bank account/ATM card:
- Open the First Bank Mobile App.
- Login to your account using your Username and Password
- Click on the Menu icon.
- Next, click on Card.
- Select your card type.
- Click on the Hotlist Card.
- Lastly, deactivate your ATM card.
Now you can use any of the methods above to block your First Bank account/ATM card.
How to Block My First Bank ATM Card from Another Phone
Sometimes losing personal items like your phone is the reason you wish to block your ATM card. So, the quickest course of action would be to disable your ATM card from a different phone.
Call the First Bank customer service line to stop your First Bank ATM debit card from being used on another device. To speak with a customer support agent who can help you block your card, use one of these numbers: 07080625000, 014485500, or 0700-FIRSTCONTACT.
Or simply quickly head to the nearest First Bank to let them know you have lost your ATM card and you wish to block/deactivate it.
It is essential to act quickly to block your account and ATM card in the case of a lost or stolen ATM card or if there are suspicions of illegal access to your First Bank account in order to safeguard your money and personal data.
To protect your finances, First Bank offers a simple procedure to restrict your account and ATM card.
You can use any of the techniques explained above to block your First Bank account and ATM card.
Keep in mind to always keep your account information and ATM card credentials private. Keep a close eye on your account for any questionable activity, and notify First Bank right away.
Consider checking and updating your account security measures, including updating your PIN and putting extra First Bank-provided security measures in place.
However, even if they identify themselves as a bank representative, never give out your PIN to anyone! First Bank will not ask you for your PIN.
You show your dedication to protecting your financial security by acting quickly to block your First Bank account and ATM card. Prioritizing customer security, First Bank offers the assistance required to achieve a swift and efficient conclusion.
With this post, I hope you have found what you are looking for. If by any chance, you need to ask any questions regarding this post, simply leave us a comment in the comment box below and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible!
- First Bank Cardless Withdrawal
- How to generate First Bank Token Code
- How to buy GLO Airtime from First Bank
- How to Transfer Money from First Bank to Opay Account
- How to check BVN on First Bank
Meet Tiamiyu AbdulBazeet Olawale, popularly known as Teezab, a blogger who loves writing about tech, education, cryptocurrency, telecoms, and finance. He studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin. With his mix of tech skills and creativity, Tiamiyu aims to share useful info in a fun way that everyone can enjoy.