Why is My First Bank USSD Code Not Working: First Bank of Nigeria, often referred to as FirstBank, offers a convenient way for its customers to access banking services through USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) codes.
These codes allow you to perform various banking transactions using your mobile phone. However, there might be times when you encounter issues with your First Bank USSD code not working as expected.
- How to transfer Money from First Bank
- How to buy 9Mobile/Etisalat Airtime from First Bank
- How to Block First Bank Account and ATM Card
- How to check First Bank Statement of Account on Phone
- How to buy Airtel Airtime from First Bank
In this article, we’ll explore some common reasons for this problem and provide solutions to help you get back to seamless banking. So, stay with me, don’t lose guard, and keep up!
First Bank USSD Codes
First Bank provides a range of USSD codes that enable customers to perform banking tasks quickly and easily. These codes are designed to offer convenience, especially when you don’t have access to the internet or a banking app.
The First Bank USSD code is *894#. This code, also known as FirstBank’s Quick Banking, allows you to perform various transactions like checking your account balance, transferring money, buying airtime, and more.
Related Post: How to check First Bank Account Number on Phone
Common Reasons for First Bank USSD Code Issues
If you find that your First Bank USSD code is not working, several factors could be contributing to the problem. Here are some common reasons:
- Network Issues: USSD codes rely on a stable network connection. If you’re in an area with poor network coverage or experiencing network outages, this can prevent the USSD code from working correctly. Ensure that you have a strong network signal before attempting to use the code.
- Incorrect USSD Code: Mistyping the USSD code can lead to issues. It’s crucial to enter the code accurately, including any required symbols like asterisks or hashtags. Double-check the code you’re dialing to ensure it matches the intended transaction. Remember, First Bank USSD Code is *894# which must be typed exactly like that!
- Account Limitations: Sometimes, your account may have transaction limits in place. If you exceed these limits, your USSD transactions might not go through. Hope you have not recently blocked the USSD code due to one reason or another. Check your account balance and transaction history to see if this could be the issue. You can also quickly dial *894*911# from the phone number linked to your First Bank account, select option 2 to unblock your USSD code, enter your 5-digit USSD code PIN, and Confirm the action. It might be that you have blocked your USSD.
- Service Downtime: Banks occasionally perform maintenance or experience technical issues that can affect USSD services. If you’re trying to use the code during a maintenance period or when there are known technical problems, you may encounter difficulties.
What to do When First Bank USSD Code Not Working?
If you’re experiencing problems with your First Bank USSD code, here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue:
- Check Network Signal: Ensure that you have a stable network signal before using the USSD code. If you’re in an area with poor reception, consider moving to a location with a stronger signal.
- Verify the USSD Code: Double-check that you’re dialing the correct USSD code for the specific transaction you want to perform. The code should be entered precisely as provided by First Bank.
- Check Transaction Limits: Review your account transaction limits to see if you’ve reached any restrictions. If necessary, contact First Bank’s customer support to inquire about increasing your transaction limits.
- Contact Customer Support: If none of the above steps resolve your issue, it’s advisable to contact First Bank’s customer support for assistance. They can provide guidance, check the status of your account, and help troubleshoot any technical problems.
Always Stay Informed
To stay informed about any ongoing issues or updates related to First Bank’s USSD services, consider the following:
- Official Communication: Check First Bank’s official website, social media channels, or mobile app for announcements regarding USSD services, maintenance, or technical issues.
- Customer Support: Save First Bank’s customer support contact information for quick access if you encounter problems. They can provide real-time assistance.
First Bank Customer Support Phone Number & Email Address
To contact First Bank customer support:
- Official Website: www.firstbanknigeria.com
- Phone Number: 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228), 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000.
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Visit any of their closest branches to you.
First Bank’s USSD codes offer a convenient way to access banking services on the go. However, issues can arise due to factors like network problems, incorrect code entry, account limitations, or service downtime.
By following the steps mentioned above and staying informed through official channels, you can resolve USSD code issues and continue to enjoy the convenience of mobile banking with First Bank.
Remember that First Bank’s customer support is there to assist you with any problems you may encounter.
If you have any questions regarding this post simply leave us a comment in the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
- First Bank Cardless Withdrawal
- How to generate First Bank Token Code
- How to buy GLO Airtime from First Bank
- How to Transfer Money from First Bank to Opay Account
- How to check BVN on First Bank
Meet Tiamiyu AbdulBazeet Olawale, popularly known as Teezab, a blogger who loves writing about tech, education, cryptocurrency, telecoms, and finance. He studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin. With his mix of tech skills and creativity, Tiamiyu aims to share useful info in a fun way that everyone can enjoy.