How to transfer Airtime on MTN in 2024: Have you been searching for how you can transfer airtime to your family and friends? If so, I am happy to let you know that it is possible and I am going to take you through the steps needed to successfully share your airtime with your loved ones!
A little about MTN
MTN is one of the largest and leading telecommunication companies.
MTN Group Limited (formerly M-Cell) is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg.
- How to transfer Airtime from MTN to Airtel
- How to Borrow Airtime From MTN
- How to transfer airtime from MTN to 9mobile
- How to migrate to MTN Awuf4u Tariff Plan
- How to Change MTN Tariff Plan
- MTN Beta Talk Data Plan
- How to check MTN Data Balance
- How to transfer Airtime on MTN Beta Talk
- How to Activate MTN Transfer PIN
- How to transfer Airtime on MTN
- How to cancel Auto Renewal on MTN
As of December 2020, MTN recorded 280 million subscribers, making it the 8th largest mobile network operator in the world, and the largest in Africa.
Active in over 20 countries, one-third of the company’s revenue comes from Nigeria, where it holds about 35% market share.
Okay, enough about this! Let’s dive into the real deal here!
As I said, transferring Airtime from your MTN number to your friends is possible and easy. All you need to do is to make sure you follow through with the guidelines explained below! TECHSPIKE.COM.NG got you covered!
The following are the search intents we will make sure to satisfy here in this post;
- code to transfer airtime on mtn
- how to transfer airtime on mtn to mtn
- what is mtn transfer code
- how to share airtime on mtn in 2024
- code to share airtime on mtn
- how to share credit on mtn to mtn
- how to transfer airtime on mtn for the first time
- how to transfer credit on mtn beta talk
- how to transfer airtime on mtn nigeria
If you are on this page, it simply means you have searched for one of the above, so rest assured that you will see what you are looking for here!
Enough with this intro, let’s get started!
What is MTN Share N Sell
MTN share n sell is a feature or Do it yourself (DIY) service introduced by MTN Nigeria to help users share airtime from the current MTN balance to other MTN numbers.
Initially, the service was introduced to help MTN customers transfer airtime to their friends or loved ones but today, it’s way beyond that.
Before you can make a transfer, you need to know what MTN transfer code means or in this case, what MTN airtime transfer code or MTN transfer code for airtime means.
What is MTN Airtime Transfer Code
MTN Airtime transfer code is simply the short code (USSD Code) that is used to transfer airtime from an MTN line to another MTN line. The code to transfer airtime on MTN is *777#. Hey, don’t go yet!
That *777# alone won’t do it because there is a format you need to follow to share airtime on MTN. Stay with me while I break this down for you!
- How to transfer Airtime from MTN to 9mobile
- How to transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel
- How to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo
MTN Default Transfer PIN
The default transfer PIN for every MTN user is 0000 and it is recommended that you change it for security reasons. You don’t want people to be sharing your credit without you knowing.
How to Change MTN Airtime Transfer PIN
If you have already changed your transfer PIN, you should skip this step but if you haven’t, simply follow the following steps;
- Simply send an SMS containing “your default PIN[space]New PIN[space]New PIN” to 777.
Take for instance; Your default PIN is 0000 and the new PIN you want to use is 1234.
You will simply send 0000 1234 1234 to 777.
Okay, now let’s move to how you can transfer credit from MTN to another MTN user.
How to Transfer Airtime From MTN to MTN
In this section, I will give you two tested and sure methods on how you can transfer airtime on MTN Nigeria. The two ways are;
- By using USSD code
- via SMS
Now, let’s take them one by one.
How to Share Airtime on MTN Via SMS
To share Airtime on MTN using SMS, follow the simple guidelines below;
- Send Transfer[space]Recipient’s Number[space]Airtime Amount[space]Transfer PIN to 777.
For example: if you want to send N100 airtime to 080123456789 and your Transfer PIN is 1234.
All you need to do is open your message app, and text “Transfer 08012345678 100 1234″ to 777.
Simple as ABC!
Moving on to the second method which is how to share airtime on MTN using USSD code.
How to Share Airtime on MTN using USSD Code
This method is also simple. All you need is to follow the format below;
- Simply dial *600*Recipient’s Number*Airtime Amount*Transfer PIN#
For example: if you want to send N100 airtime to 08012345678 and your Transfer PIN is 1234
You dial, *600*08012345678*100*1234#
You will then receive a message notifying you that your transfer is successful!
Hope you get it. Fine!
Things to Know
- You can transfer up to N100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN account every day.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the amount you have requested to send, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- Airtime transfer attracts a small fee.
- The most you can be charged is N10 per transfer.
- The minimum amount that can be transferred is N50.
- The airtime transfer service is designed to enable subscribers to share airtime only within their network. So, Mtn to MTN, Glo to Glo, etc.
- The default pin code is 0000
- You can only transfer in Naira amounts and not in kobo, i.e. you can transfer N71.00 but not N71.99.
- You can transfer between N50.00 and N5,000.00 in a single transaction.
- If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is positive. You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative.
Below is a video you watch that will guide you on how to transfer Credit on MTN in 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Share Airtime on MTN
How do I know my MTN transfer PIN?
Open your mobile phone dialer (button phone users can skip this step) Insert the USSD code in this format *600*Oldpin*Newpin*Newpin# and send using your MTN line.
What is the default PIN for MTN transfer?
The default PIN for MTN transfer is 0000. It is advisable and recommended to change the default PIN to your own!
How can I transfer airtime from MTN to MTN without PIN?
There is no way you can transfer airtime from MTN to MTN without a PIN.
TeezabTechs Conclusion on MTN Transfer Code
And there you have it, folks! Transferring airtime on MTN is as easy as pie. Whether you’re helping out a friend in need or sharing some credit with family, the process is quick and straightforward.
Just remember to use the USSD code or the MyMTN app, and you’re good to go.
It’s important to keep your PIN safe and secret, though. Think of it like a password to your bank account. You wouldn’t want anyone else spending your airtime, right?
In short, MTN’s airtime transfer is a handy tool in our everyday lives. It’s all about staying connected and making sure our loved ones can too.
So, the next time someone needs a bit of airtime, you know exactly what to do! Keep sharing, keep caring. Happy transferring!
With this post, I am confident you have found what you are looking for but if by any means you have a question, kindly leave us a comment and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- MTN Yafun Yafun Double Data
- How to check BVN on MTN
- How to Transfer Data on MTN
- How to Recharge MTN Card
- MTN Night Plan Code
- Difference between MTN True Talk and Beta Talk
- How to Transfer Data from MTN to Glo
- How to Check MTN Number
- How to transfer Airtime on MTN Beta Talk
Meet Tiamiyu AbdulBazeet Olawale, popularly known as Teezab, a blogger who loves writing about tech, education, cryptocurrency, telecoms, and finance. He studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ilorin. With his mix of tech skills and creativity, Tiamiyu aims to share useful info in a fun way that everyone can enjoy.